TRANSAFE WA Road Transport Industry Safety Forums
TRANSAFE WA holds Road Transport Industry Safety Forums across Western Australia. Focusing on education for drivers, best practice in safety, sharing case studies, and the industry needs and risks.
Our Industry Safety forums have provided an opportunity for members of the industry to network, and interact directly with industry decision makers. The aim of these events is to collectively make a difference to road transport industry safety and professionalism in WA.
With technology advancement, drivers and fleets have increased safety with new vehicles, driver management technology, and processes – however the general road user is unfamiliar with heavy vehicles and how they can be safe around them.
TRANSAFE WA embarked on researching, planning and fundraising to build iNSTRUCKTA! – an expandable exhibition trailer to be fitted with the latest technology to engage current and future road users with road safety, specifically geared towards educating drivers about heavy vehicle safety in Western Australia.
We do plan to run events alongside the iNSTRUCKTA! tour program from 2022, but for the time-being all our resources are being directed to delivering iNSTRUCKTA!
TRANSAFE WA commenced a series of short online webinars. These webinar recordings can be downloaded by following the links below:
- The Importance of Psychological Safety, – Niomi Hurley, Chairperson for TRANSAFE WA and Founder of Get Up and Grow Consulting
- Do you ASSuMe your tyres are OK? – Webinar with Adam Gosling (24/8/20)
- Rollo was a truck driver until a road accident changed the course of his life – Webinar with Katie and Rollo from PBF ( 30/9/20)
- Benefits gained by MGM Group from adding Guardian by Seeing Machines to their road transport fleet – Webinar with John Elston from Connect Source and Niomi Higgs from MGM Bulk (29/10/20)
- Getting more sleep on night-shift and treating sleep maintenance insomnia – Webinar with Dr Nick Mabbott (12/11/20)
- How your sleep impacts driving safety – Webinar with Dr Nick Mabbott (24/11/20)
- Easing back pain in the road transport industry – Webinar with Kieran Bell and Kingsley Flett (10/12/20)